Hometown: Miami, Florida
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Communication and Master of Public Administration
Years with Florida International University: Eight years
- What is the best advice you can give to a student applying to college?
- College admission is not a competition. Do your research, think about the things most important to you, and visit all of the campuses you are strongly considering. When you step foot on the right campus, you’ll know it.
- What is your favorite spot on campus?
- My favorite spot on campus is the Green Library. It’s spacious and there are great areas to study either independently or in group settings. It’s a great place to grab your Starbucks, sit a comfortable desk, and be studious.
- What other admissions office programs are you involved in?
- I oversee domestic recruitment, merit scholarships, and the alumni volunteer program.
- If you were not an admission counselor, what would you be doing? Why?
- I would be owning and operating an animal rescue shelter and rehabilitation center. I love animals and I would find it very rewarding to provide a safe haven for stray or abused animals while a permanent home is found.
- Hobbies/Other Interests
- Animal shelter volunteer, yoga, reading and traveling the world.
- Favorite Quote
- “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think” – A.A. Milne