Hometown: Columbus, Ohio
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics/Bachelor of Arts in German
Years with Florida International University: 1.5 years
- What is the best advice you can give to a student applying to college?
- Apply early, especially because many eligible international students miss out on FIU’s premiere scholarship opportunities because they apply after the scholarship deadline. Please also review all the information on the website, most questions can be answered there.
- What is your favorite spot on campus?
- The MARC pavilion is a lovely location. It's usually quiet and has a picturesque view of one of the ponds on campus.
- Why should a student choose Florida International University?
- FIU offers so much to its students. Two beautiful and welcoming campuses located in a vibrant metropolitan city. Students have a traditional campus community with all the benefits of a big city. For those students who want the feel of a liberal arts college, the Biscayne Bay campus is perfect. Aside from its asthetics, FIU is a large research university so students have access to top-faculty and academically recognized programs.
- If you were not an admission counselor, what would you be doing? Why?
- I would likely still be traveling the world because I enjoy going to new places, learning new things, meeting new people and trying new foods. As I do now, I make sure to bring my salsa shoes with me!
- Describe your perfect weekend in Miami.
- My perfect weekend would include visiting Wynwood’s Art District, catching a local band, going to the Farmer’s Market with my dogs and having a great dinner in one of Miami’s fantastic restaurants.
- Favorite Quote
- “Live as if you we're to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi