Miami. Just the name alone conjures up fun and excitement. Here are just a few things you can do in Miami:
- South Beach—quintessential Miami. Run along the paved jogging path that borders South Beach, relax on the sugar-sand beach, take in the nightlife, or enjoy a day of shopping.
- Everglades—1.5 million acres of swamps, saw-grass prairies, and sub-tropical jungles. See why some of your fellow FIU students are so committed to helping restore this amazing park.
- Beaches—Miami has miles of them. Explore them all and you’ll quickly discover your favorite.
- Professional sporting events—professional sports teams are based in or near Miami, including the Miami Marlins, Miami HEAT, Miami Dolphins, and Florida Panthers.
- The arts—from the Miami City Ballet to the Jackie Gleason Theater and Actor’s Playhouse to the Miami International Film Festival.