Hometown: Miami, Florida
Degree: Bachelor of Arts in English
Years with Florida International University: Five years
- What is the best advice you can give to a student applying to college?
- Take everything into consideration: finances, community, academic rigor, etc. Not every school is a perfect fit and that is O.K.
- Why should a student choose Florida International University?
- Your experience at FIU will not compare to any other college or university in the country. The city’s cultural influence combined with the intense academic curriculum prepares FIU students for more than just a job - we’re all pretty set for life after graduation.
- If you were not an admission counselor, what would you be doing? Why?
- I’d be a law librarian - law school was always an option. Or mermaid, the ocean’s cool.
- Describe your perfect weekend in Miami.
- A perfect weekend in Miami consists of a morning at the beach (17th and Ocean), followed by a late lunch in the Wynwood Art District and a date with my close group of friends at one of the Micro Theater shows on Biscayne Boulevard or performance by a local band. Sunday would consist of brunch at one of the amazing restaurants in South Miami and family time afterwards enjoying the great weather Florida is notorious for.
- Hobbies/Other Interests
- I really just like to spend most of my free time near water either tanning, swimming or on a boat.
- “Even the genius asks his questions.”-2Pac