1. Accept Invitation through MyFIU
You will accept your invitation through the MyFIU student portal.
- Log into MyFIU. See Access MyFIU for help.
- If you cannot retrieve your password, call FIU IT Customer Support at 305-348-2284.
- On the dashboard, click the Admissions tile.
- Click on "Update/Decline FIU C4S" on the left navigation bar.
- Accept your invitation! (If you do not wish to join Connect4Success and guarantee your admission to FIU, please Decline.)
- Select the state college you plan to attend to earn the AA degree and click Next.
- Confirm statement and click Finish.
Step-by-step instructions with screenshots
Step-by-step instructions (GIF)
2. Apply to State College and Submit Test Scores
Once you've chosen which state college you plan to attend, apply for admission to the college. Visit the college website to learn more about the application process and to submit your application. Also, remember to submit official SAT/ACT scores or credit-by-exam scores (AP, IB) to the college.
3. Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To submit visit fafsa.gov. Include the Federal School Code for the state college you plan to attend. You will be able to search for this code when completing the application.
4. Attend New Student Orientation at State College
Connect4Success students must attend new student orientation at their state college. At orientation, you will meet peers, college advisors, learn more about financial aid and scholarships, and register for classes. Visit the college website to learn about their orientation program, including how to sign up.
Broward College, Miami Dade College, and Palm Beach State College students:
Look out for an invitation to our VIP Connect4Success Kickoff Event. Here you will learn more about program benefits, meet your FIU Bridge Advisor, and receive your FIU One Card!
The Kickoff does not take the place on your new student orientation. Dates and registration information can also be found under Connect4Success Kickoff Event.
5. Connect with an FIU Bridge Advisor
Learn more about how Bridge Advisors help you become transfer ready and how to find a Bridge Advisor at your college. Out-of-area students may contact a Bridge Advisor by email or phone.
For 24/7 pre-transfer advising resources, including transfer guides for every FIU major, visit transfer.fiu.edu.