1. Speak with a Bridge Advisor
Before you do anything, meet with a Bridge Advisor to get support as you take the final steps in your transition. Only your Bridge Advisor can confirm you’ve met your requirements and are ready to transition.
2. Update Your Application
When you have earned 30 credits, log into your MyFIU student account to reactivate your FIU application. Here's how to do it:
- Log into MyFIU. See Access MyFIU for help.
- If you cannot retrieve your password, call FIU IT Customer Support at 305-348-2284.
- On the dashboard, click the Admissions tile.
- Click on "Connect4Success Application" on the left navigation bar.
- Follow the form prompt to update all required fields and submit.
3. Submit Your Transcripts
Send an official transcript from the state college you are currently attending. It’s OK if you’re still taking classes, we will request that you send a final transcript after you graduate with your AA degree. Follow steps to Submit Transcripts.
4. Attend "Transition to FIU" Workshop
Miami Dade College, Broward College, and Palm Beach State College students only
Plan to attend a Transition to FIU workshop held during each Fall and Spring term. Here, you’ll receive hands-on transition support from FIU staff in Admissions, Financial Aid, and Transfer and Transition Services. Learn more about Connect4Success workshops.
5. Apply for Financial Aid
Complete a new or renewal FAFSA application at fafsa.gov, and include the Federal School Code for FIU (009635). FIUs priority deadline is March 1. If you are starting classes in Early Fall (Summer B) you must submit 2 FAFSA applications, one for Early Fall (which is considered the prior academic year) and another for the upcoming academic year.